Thursday, November 3, 2011

Created in the image of God!

I have been thinking about this since our time at church last night. The pastor spoke about what it means to be created in the image of God. Of course, there are many implications, but some of the things he brought up from the Scriptures brought new depth to my understanding of what this phrase means. I may not be able to articulate all that goes through my head and my heart as I think about this phrase, but it is powerful to think that God made me and you in His image! He wants and expects us to be mirror images of Himself. We have failed to do so because of our sin. However, Christ has made it possible for us to be what God originally intended for us to be. Christ has made us a new creation in Him so that we can reflect the glory of the Most High God. I am so grateful for the truth of the Word of God, and God's servants who faithfully preach the truth. When I think of God's plan for humanity, I can only stand in amazement and awe... What a beautiful thing to be made in the image of God, and to be a new creation in Christ Jesus!