Thursday, October 13, 2011

Yes, we set off the church alarm!

Well, as you can see from the title of this blog, Pascal and I had a first time experience on this last trip. After our meetings in AL and IA, we spent one week at a missions conference at a church in Indianapolis, IN. They invited us to go down to their mission closet and look around to see if there was anything we needed. The lady who took us downstairs told us to take our time, and just turn off the lights when we were done, and come back upstairs. I think we both were lost in our thoughts, and did not realize how long we had been downstairs. After a while, I mentioned to Pascal that it seemed very quiet upstairs. We went up and found that the church was dark, and the front doors were locked. We started hearing a small beeping noise. I asked Pascal what he thought it was, and he said: " Becky, I think that is a motion detector." Sure enough, after a few seconds, a loud alarm started going off. We found a fire escape door where we could exit the building. I was really hoping that the police was not going to come... I mean, how would that look? Here we are... the missionaries... trying to explain to the police why we were in the church... and we have an out of state license plate... Not good! Thankfully, the police did not come... but the pastor did. We were just getting ready to call his cell phone when we saw him. He was very gracious, and laughed with us at our predicament. He was very nice. We were embarrassed, but we did get a good laugh out of it as well.

Thanks for your prayers as we traveled these past few weeks. We thank the Lord for each meeting that He gave us. We were blessed and encouraged by each church we were at. What a blessing to be part of the family of God!