Wednesday, March 23, 2011

"Great is Thy Faithfulness, O God my Father"

At times, it feels easy to be discouraged. This happened to me (Becky) this morning. We had contacted a church last fall, and stopped by to meet with the pastor in December. We felt that we had a good meeting with that pastor, and he told us to call back in the spring to schedule something. With hopes high, we called this morning. After a few minutes, we realized that the pastor said that their calender was full for this year, and if we wanted to, we could call back in the spring of 2012. My heart sank as I heard this. As I sat and listened to the murmurs of my heart, I could feel discouragement creeping in. I realized that I could eaither choose to feel sad or I could choose to focus my eyes on the Lord. I am choosing right now to focus on the faithfulness of God because this is a sure anchor. The words of "Great is Thy faithfulness" have encouraged me so much this morning. I pray that if you read this blog, you will not just see my disappointment or discouragement, but you will see how God is caring for my soul today.

"Great is Thy faithfulness," O God my Father,
There is no shadow of turning with Thee;
Thou changest not, Thy compassions, they fail not
As Thou hast been Thou forever wilt be.

"Great is Thy faithfulness!" "Great is Thy faithfulness!"
Morning by morning new mercies I see;
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided—
"Great is Thy faithfulness," Lord, unto me!